Terms & Conditions
• Car Rental Requirements
• Car Rental Use
• Guarantee Amount
• Additional Drivers
• Underage Drivers
• Reservations - General Conditions
• Holidays Business Hours
• Rate - General Conditions
• Airport Fee
• Protections – General Conditions
• Partial Damage Waiver PDW
• Personal Accidents PAI
• Supplementary Liability SLI
• Partial Damage Waiver (extended) PDW+
• Collision Damage CDW
• About www.paylesscar.pe
Car Rental Requirements• To be at least 21 years old, if you are younger than 21 years there is an Underage Drivers charge.
• ID: DNI for Peruvians, Passport for foreigners or Peruvian Foreign Resident Card.
• Driver's license with 1 year since issued, which has to be from the same country as the ID.
• A Credit Card with a credit line that let us request a hold/guarantee according to the model and type of the vehicle. This hold is not a charge is a request made to Visa, MasterCard, Diners, American Express or Discovery.
• Accept the Rental Agreement Terms & Conditions, the ones included in www.paylesscar.pe and the ones for each promotion if applicable.
Note: As a requirement by Visa, Master Card, Diners, American Express and Discovery, at least minimum amount (about US$ 50) of the whole rental shall be charged to the credit card due to Traffic Fines procedures.
Car Rental UseThe car you rented with Payless Peru is for personal and private use only, the vehicleis not authorized for the public transportation of people or goods.
GuaranteeTo guarantee the rental, we will contact your credit card: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or Discovery and will request for a hold of a fraction of your credit line.
Once the vehicle is returned, will immediately contact your credit card again so they can free the hold previously requested. Your credit card bank is the responsible to process the last operation.
The following minimun guarantees amounts can be increased due to the client destination, the rental length or total rental charges. This increase can be up to a 30%, which can also be lowered if a prepayment at the vehicle pick-up is made.
|Group||Reference Make & Model||Minimun guarantee|
|A, M||Kia Picanto||S/. 2,000|
|B, H, C, D, O, K||Renault Logan, Kia Rio, Toyota Yaris, Nissan Versa||S/. 3,000|
|G, J||Toyota Corolla, Kia Cerato, Renault Duster, Mitsubishi ASX||S/. 4,000|
|F, E, N||Toyota Rav4, Hyundai Tucson, Mitsubishi Outlander, Mitsubishi L200||S/. 5,000|
|L||Mitsubishi Montero, Toyota Prado Land Cruiser||S/. 6,000|
Additional DriverThe rented vehicle can only be driven by:
• The renter responsible of the Rental Agreement and the spouse without any additional charge (both with a driver’s license).
• The renter can transfer the right to drive the vehicle to another person, this can be done without any additional charge, but must be stated on the Rental Agreement under his responsibility.
•Any additional driver that has been stated on the Rental Agreement and that is not included under the previous conditions will be charged US$ 2.71 or S/. 10.55 per day.
Underage DriversRenters and Additional Drivers that comply with the rest of the requirements but with less than 21 years, have at least 20 years with a 2 years driver's license qualify by accepting an additional charge of US$ 27.14 or S/. 105.52 per day.
Reservations• Your reservation has to be made an advance booking of at least 1 hour. This advance booking may be increased during Christmas, New Year, Holy Week, National Holidays and some other holidays.
• During Christmas, New Year, Holy Week and National Holidays it may be necessary that a Payless representative confirm your reservation.
• Pick-up the vehicle in the location, date and time as agreed with the Payless representative.
• If you insert your airline and flight number in your reservation, it will be held as pending until your flight arrives.
• Provide any additional information requested by Payless representative.
• The vehicles are quoted, reserved and assigned by their Car Group and/ or Category and not by make, model or color.
Holidays Service HoursPlease contact us at (511) 456-3434 y you need to rent your vehicle the following holidays:
- Holy Thursday & Good Friday
- July 28th - 29th
- December 24th - 25th
- December 31st and January 1st
Rates• The total amount in your reservation includes Peruvian Sales Tax IGV 18%; however, the amounts at steps 2 and 3 of the reservation module are not final and you have to complete the step 4 to obtain the final total rate with the Sale Tax.
• The rates may change without prior notice, so the only way to save a rate is making a reservation.
• Rates include 200km free per day. Please ask for the additional kilometer rate or if the unlimited mileage option is available with your selected car.
• You have 59 minutes as a grace period to return the car. After that period, we will charge you a third of the car daily rate for each hour in excess up to 3 thirds, which equals to an extra daily rent. Protections and optional selected products will be charged in full since the first 30 extra minutes.
• Technical bugs in the reservation module are considered as non-compromise errors, so Payless reserves the rights to modify or cancel those reservations ,in case a loss may arise against the renter and/or Payless Peru. We will always use the minimum rate available to modify these reservations to benefit the client.
Airport FeeAll vehicle rentals at Jorge Chavez Airport are subject to a 15% Airport Tax charged by Lima Airport Partners.
Protections - General ConditionsThe protections are optional, but if you decline them you are responsible to refund the whole value of the vehicle in case of total loss. The following conditions must be fulfilled for the protections to apply:
a) Inform the accident to the Police at once;
b) Inform Payless immediately;
c) Apply inmmediately for and Alcohol Test, obtain the Police Report and Police Evaluation of Damages which must not state:
1. Collision against fixed objects.
2. Violation of the Rental Agreement.
The protections does not include tow service.